Local Authority Planning Enforcement is the subject for the next planning training webinar for elected members of local authorities organised by the OPR in conjunction with the Association of Irish Local Government.
The webinar will take place on Friday, 26 February between 10-11:30am.
The event will feature a presentation from John Downey, Enforcement Manager, Dublin City Council who will provide an “Overview of Local Authority Planning Enforcement.”
Specifically, his presentation will deal with:
- outline of the main legislative functions,
- typical workload of local authorities,
- engagement and communication,
- court action: key requirements and
- co-ordinating planning enforcement and wider local authority powers.
Ahmed El Baradie and Tom Morgan of the Ombudsman’s Office will give the second presentation which will outline “Planning Enforcement by Local Authorities: Review of Complaints to Ombudsman.”
This presentation will cover:
- summary of the role of the Ombudsman
- profile of complaint cases handled by the Ombudsman’s Office in relation to local authorities
- key trends and issues
- memorandum of understanding between the Ombudsman’s Office and the OPR Case studies and learnings
The presentations will give an overview of the planning enforcement mechanisms available to local authorities and a guide to practical and effective enforcement.
To attend, please register by emailing email@example.com. Early registration is recommended.
This will be the third webinar of the OPR’s second training module. Overall, it will be the eighth session organised by the OPR and the AILG. Events were held in Dundalk and Limerick in October 2019, in Cavan and Waterford in February 2020. Online webinars were held in July, September, October, and November 2020 as well as in January 2021.
Presentations from previous webinars are available HERE >>